It’s simple, really. The more products you have, the more likely customers are to take action to buy them. In many cases, Shopify product options apps can help users find their ideal product variant before helping them towards the checkout page.
With Shopify, you can create up to 100 variants for a product, but each product only has up to 3 options. If you are wondering how to add many product options in the Shopify store, some third-party apps from the Shopify App Store will help you to do this.
In this post, we will go through the top 6 Shopify product options apps that can help you on your way to bigger revenue.
The Importance of Product Options Apps
Many store owners think that having a variety of options for their products will make their stores overly complex, but in actuality, offering customers more options is the best way for businesses to convert.
You can’t deny that customers love variety. It gives them the power of choice and according to research from Psych Central, this makes them feel like they’re in control.
So what is the definition of product options? Well, product options allow you to add and present different options for individual products.
Shopify’s product options apps tread the line of helping customers find their perfect variant without being too pushy and making them feel overwhelmed. If you search for product options apps in Shopify, you may be overwhelmed yourself, seeing as there are more than 100 apps available.
For those reasons above, in chapter 2 of our Best Shopify Apps Guide, we will list the top 06 Shopify product options apps based on what Pagefly has tried, tested and used.
Zakeke is a product customizer and configurator with AR and 3D features for eCommerce stores. It is an innovative cloud platform you can use to personalize any product (clothing, promotional gifts, paper products, shoes, jewelry, watches, sofa, etc..) and visualize how they’ll actually look like.
1.1. Main Features
Zakeke is a cutting-edge tool with countless features that enhance customer experience and online shopping and simplifies selling processes.
Main features include:
- 3D Configuration: customers can build their own versions of your products, choosing components, changing elements, materials and customizing colors.
- AR e 3D view: customers can see the personalized item in their own space in real size via Augmented Reality and see a live and realistic 3D model of the product that they can zoom in on, rotate and interact with.
- PageFly integration: in a few clicks you can connect Zakeke to your eCommerce store built using PageFly without losing settings, formatting, layout, and so on.
- Text and Image customization: customers can change font, colors, dimensions, orientation, rotation and make text curved. They can upload their own images (from social networks as well) or choose among pre-selected artwork created by you.
- Request for quote: customers with specific needs can send you a request for a quote containing all the necessary information.
- Product variations: You can set multiple colors, sizes and styles of the same product.
- Pre-made design: you can create templates of editable areas of your product instead of letting customers personalize it from scratch. You can define rules and restrictions for each design. You can customize all sides and angles of your product and choose among simple print or all-over print.
- Live pricing: you can show your customers the exact price of the product they are going to buy based on the personalization type they use.
- Flexible printing methods: you can set unlimited printing methods for one or more products, sides and variants. You can define settings for your print-ready files that can be used for engraving, embroidery, and personalization methods other than printing.
- Workflow Automation: you can save time and automate your work thanks to the integration with your favorite services, like Printful, CustomCat, Invition, Zapier, Order Desk and WebHooks.
Every month, Zakeke releases updates to improve its tools. Visit Zakeke website to learn more.
Installation is fast and easy. Anyway, if you need help Zakeke Support Team will always assist you and will respond to your requests in less than a day.
1.3. Pricing & Plans
14-days free trial available. No CC required.
Different plans available depending on platforms and your needs. Zakeke supports Shopify, Magento, Prestashop, Salesforce, OpenCart, Oracle, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Etsy. It is possible to integrate Zakeke via API as well.
1.4. Recommended for
Zakeke is recommended for any online store owner that wants to sell customizable products. From the simplest product customization to the most complex 3D configuration.
- Zakeke Product Customizer is the perfect tool for the web-to-print world.
- Zakeke 3D Product Configurator is dedicated to sellers who sell a modular product.
In other words, the former is aimed at sellers who have a product that can be customized but not composed. The latter is aimed at sellers who have a product that can be customized and even composed.
Learn more about how to use PageFly with Zakeke Product Customizer app in this tutorial:
This product options app provides you with a seemingly unlimited number of variant options.
2.1. Main Features
When you finish installing the app into your store, you’ll see the main interface like this:
- Products: You can see all your Shopify products listed here with the Type and Options you made settings in-app.
- Options: This section lists all the field types that you set up for your products. Here, you can delete any options you want.
- Templates: Here you can create saved templates. They are a group of options that can be quickly deployed to your products.
- Partner: Currently, Product Options and Customizer is integrating with many Shopify partners such as Wishl Wishlist, Recharge, PageFly, etc. Check this article to see how the Product Options and Customizer elements work in PageFly. For other page builders, you can find help here.
When you click on the specific product you want to set up options for, you will be brought to this page to configure their options:
In the Field Type, there are 8 options for you to set up:
- Dropdown: The options are displayed as a dropdown list.
- Radio Buttons: They work similarly to a dropdown – customers can only choose one option in the field.
- Single-Line Text: Customers can use this to input a single line of text when adding a product to their cart.
- Paragraph Text Input: A large text input will add a text area input box to your product page. Your customers can use it to input multiple lines of text when adding a product to their cart.
- File Upload: Your customers can upload a file to go along with the product. This could be an image, a document, or any other kind of file.
- Single Checkbox: You can add a single checkbox to your product page. This is helpful for a “yes or no” type input.
- Checkbox Group: You can add a set of checkboxes to your product page. Customers can select multiple values if they want.
2.2. Unique Selling Points
- This app supports all Shopify themes and isn’t based on any external system.
- Separating option groups by names will clarify and avoid confusion when products have different types of options.
- This app provides live chat support so users can directly contact the support in real-time if they have any questions. An online support archive and video tutorials are also available in all plans. Support via email is provided as well and they will typically respond within a few hours.
- Phone support is available on the Premium Plus plan.
2.4. Pricing Plans
Trial: 14 days
Free for stores in Development
- The app is compatible with most themes and it offers support for theme features.
- After setting the options for your products in the app, there’s almost no delay in displaying them. This really improves the user experience.
- Has great integration with page builders. (Consider using PageFly page builder to build your page and use the ‘product options’ element).
- The price of the Premium Plan is much higher than other product options Shopify apps.
- This app requires you to install snippets into the store’s theme templates. If you don’t install the snippets, the options will not show on pages such as Product Pages, Cart Pages or within orders.
- They will provide you with a guide for set-up but you need to be familiar with HTML and liquid.
2.7. Recommended for
With the starting price being pretty reasonable, we recommended this app for all-scale businesses. However, if you want to consider running a long-term strategy requiring more features, we recommend that medium and big businesses get acquainted with the Premium and especially the Premium Plus plans.
This is one of the ultimate product customization apps on Shopify designed to help you create and customize your product options.
3.1. Main Features
When you finish installing the app into your store, you will see the main interface like the image below:
The main interface of Best Custom Product Options
- All Products: All your Shopify products are displayed here for you to set up, with the most recent time updated.
- Duplicate: If you have many products with the same product options, then the duplicate feature will allow you to copy the settings from one product to many others.
- Settings: Many options for many product variants.
- Plans: This is where you can see all the available pricing plans and their corresponding functions.
- Help: The last section brings you to the BCPO Help Center to find guidance articles in their support archive.
This app gives you 11 field types to set up options for your product.
There are some field types that BCPO provides you with, just like Product Customizer does. Besides these, when you select Type, you’re provided with 11 options.
- Color Swatches
- Image Swatches
- Long Text
- File Upload
- Radio Buttons
You can set the options as conditional or required depending on your preference.
3.2. Unique Selling Points
- Users do not need to add any code to their theme because when installing the app, the code is automatically added.
- Especially for the checkboxes option, you can set the limit for the characters so your customers can input.
- This app provides a grid option to collect data.
- BCPO supports through a contact form. If you need support, you can fill in your name, email, messages and other required information. You’ll typically receive your answer within about an hour.
- Besides that, BCPO also has an online support archive so users can seek help whenever they need it.
3.4. Pricing Plans
Trial: 14 days
Free for stores in development
- Price Add-ons: You can charge your customers differently depending on their selections.
- Easy Duplication Tool: Set up one product option then copy those settings to other products with the easy-to-use duplication tool.
- Global Settings: Set up global product option settings that will show on all your products.
- Conditional Logic: Show/hide options based on what the shopper has already picked.
- Code is automatically added to your active theme.
- BCOP uses the styling of your current theme to make everything fit in with the theme’s design.
- There is no available live chat for you if you have any problems when using products. (They have an email system instead).
- The settings of options for products are placed under the settings of Shopify options, which can be a little confusing.
3.7. Recommended for
Small and medium businesses will get a lot of joy from the price and features of the Basic plan.
Compared to the Product Customizer app, the price of the Advanced plan of BPCO is pretty affordable for small and medium businesses. In this plan, you get all the product options of the Basic plan as well as the Price Add-ons and Conditional Logic features.
If you are running a store with different types of products, but finding that Shopify’s variants are too limited, then the Advanced plan of BPCO is a good choice for you.
This is an amazing product options Shopify app that provides you greater flexibility to customize your products, create upsell opportunities and show variable product options on the shop page.
4.1. Main Features
When you finish installing the app into your store, you’ll see the main interface like in the image below:
- Dashboard: You can quickly access your custom options for all products, as well as options for selected products or even products of a specific type.
- Options Sets: You can create many option sets for one or more products or even put many products together with the same sets through the identifiers feature.
Once you select an identifier, enter the tags that match the products you are looking for. Once you select an option from the list, you can see how many product pages will display these options.
- Settings: The settings section allows you to enable or disable the option sets on your product page.
- Account: All of your contact information is displayed here for internal purposes only.
- Help: You can quickly contact the support team here by sending an email, or find support yourself via the Help Center page.
After adding a label and field name for the option set, click on Input Type to choose any options you want for your product.
There are 7 field types that give you the flexibility to personalize your products:
- Large Text
- Radio Buttons
- Drop-Down Menu
4.2. Unique Selling Points
- Product bundling functionality allows you to add additional charges for services or add-ons offered with your products.
- Allows you to bundle add-on products to your option selections in order to increase prices.
- When needing help, users can leave messages on the in-app support form and support will follow up with an email reply.
- The ‘customer success team’ offers help from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5PM PT. They also have an available Expert Install Service for this app.
- This app also provides open-source articles to all users if they need help.
4.5. Pricing Plans
There is only one plan applied for the app and before paying the fee, you have a free 14-day trial to thoroughly explore one of the best product options Shopify apps.
- $6.99 USD/ month
- Conditional Logic
- Product Bundles
- Unlimited Options and Option sets
- The app offers control over placeholder and default values.
- It’s easy to get up and running in just a minute, with only a single line of code required to paste in your theme.
- There is no available live chat for you if you have any problems when using the app. (They have an email system instead).
- Your options cannot be associated with a specific SKU.
- Users cannot see the preview options they set before going to live view.
4.8. Recommended for
Infinite Options has only one plan with all features and unlimited options plus conditional logic and bundle advanced functions. So among other product options apps, this is most suitable for small and medium scale businesses.
Having said that, this app is also great for big-scale businesses as well, due to affordable pricing and a wide range of advanced features.
This is a great product options app that helps you to add an unlimited number of options and customizations to your products.
5.1. Main Features
When you finish installing the app into your store, you will see the main interface like the image below:
- Products: You can see all your store’s products in this section. By clicking the Configure button under the Action field, you can customize options for the products you want.
- Configure List: You will have a quick view of all the configurations you have in this app. You can also edit these configurations here. There is an additional setting where you can apply the customized options to the collections or products you want.
- Fonts: There are some fonts that may not work in Internet Explorer so you need to change the embedding level of a TrueType font. This app helps you to upload fonts, for which you can find help by taking a look at this guide.
- Images: You can upload your images for Better Customer Experience on mobile use less (Preferable less than 1000×1000) resolution image for your product options.
- Colors: Color groups with corresponding prices for product options are created and customized here.
- Options: The Options lists with the corresponding prices for product options are created and customized here.
- Settings: There are 3 options here – Styling Settings, Advanced and For Developers.
- Subscription: You can see your current plan to which you are subscribed, as well as other plans and their corresponding features.
- Installation: Your Shopify theme must be updated with the Product Personalizer application’s unique code. There is an auto-installation robot that will add the relevant codes to your Shopify theme.
In case your theme doesn’t work with the auto-installation and it requires a manual installation process, you can request Product Personalizer’s expert to do it for you, which is a great, free service!
- Help: By clicking on this section, you will be brought to the Help Center.
Users can choose a specific product in the main interface to configure its options. The dashboard of configuration options appears as the image below:
In the Field Type, there are 6 different types for you to choose for the product:
- Text (Single-line)
- Textarea (Multi-line)
- Image Upload/ Swatch
- Color Swatch
- Options List
Other sections under the Field Type will depend on the types you choose.
You can also set up a pop-up style for options when customers choose them.
5.2. Unique Selling Points
- This app allows users to upload their custom fonts and allows customers to resize fonts within the custom area.
- Your customers can see the preview with a visual change of their personalized options. Your customers have more control over personalising their own options, which helps to improve user experience when they’re looking through your store.
- With an automatic translator, text elements can be translated from many different languages into yours so that you can manage your store better.
- Users on any plan can leave messages in the chat form by submitting a ticket, which the support will follow up on with an email reply.
- The online support archive and video tutorials are open-source for users across all plans. They tackle subjects such as installing apps, configuring products, billing and other related categories.
5.4. Pricing Plans
Trial: 15 days
Free for stores in development
- When your customers can see a live preview of their personalization, they feel better about their buying experience and trust you and your store more. It lets customers see the visual change while other product options shopify apps don’t do this.
- You can set an inline personalization button, pop-up window or direct field within your product form.
- Fully responsive for mobile and optimised to tablets and mobile browsers.
- Has integration with page builders. (You can consider using the PageFly page builder app to build your page and use the ‘product options’ element). You can consult this article to see how the Product Personalizer element works in PageFly.
- Though the app provides automatic installation by adding all the relevant codes to your Shopify theme, sometimes the installation fails. Looking at other product options apps on Shopify, many don’t require users to install directly because the backend system has done this already.
- This app only supports via email, which might be inconvenient if you have urgent problems.
- The app provides a lot of features but sometimes the options on the live view are inconsistent and unstable.
5.7. Recommended for
- Starter: This is the most suitable solution for small scale businesses because this plan lets them personalize up to 49 products. Some medium scale businesses can use this plan if they don’t have more than 49 products.
- Starter Plus, Moderate: Conditional Logic, and Charge more custom options included, making these plans suitable for medium and big scale businesses. The plans provide the benefit of personalized products increased to 99 and 299 products respectively. Chain stores can certainly consider using these plans.
- Unlimited: With this plan, there is no limitation on the number of personalized products. Chain stores as well as online wholesale traders are highly encouraged to use this plan.
This is a must-try product option Shopify app that specializes in helping store owners create the configurable and bundle product options.
6.1. Main Features
After you install the app into your Shopify store, it will recommend a quick tour with 19 steps to implement a product option.
- Dashboard: All the sections of the app are listed here so you can quickly access them by clicking any section you want.
- Product Options: All your Shopify products are shown here with corresponding information. To customize options for your products, simply choose the Edit Options button. The Mass Actions part of this section provides you a variety of selections with the aim of applying between products.
- Customer Groups: You can create the groups of your customers and limit each or some groups can choose the options of your products.
- Templates: With DPO, you can create and customize your own options templates.
- Settings: You can set up for Storefront and custom code here.
- F.A.Q: This section refers to many frequently asked questions
- Documentation: You will be taken straight to the DPO app for the Shopify user guide to have a better view of this app.
- Support: You can see your support ticket here. This is the place for you to discuss problems with the DPO support team.
If there’s a specific product you want to configure, you will be brought to the dashboard of product options. The option configuration modal gives you a full view of all the settings here.
Click on Field Type, then 11 different options will be displayed for you to choose from:
- Input Box
- Radio Buttons
- Check Boxes
- Multiple Select
- DIV/ HTML Text
- Range Slider
You can also set up other options such as adding price, CSS class and so on. You can create different groups of customers and choose which options are used for each corresponding group.
6.2. Unique Selling Points
- Users can add mathematical formula pricing with an additional interface.
- You can create different groups for different customers and manage separately.
- There are other custom options such as inventory tracking, tooltips and comments for custom options.
- When users need help, they can contact the Support team by creating a ticket in the app. The support team will reply to the ticket in about 30 minutes.
- The documentation section is available on the main interface in the app. When clicking this section, users will be brought to the detailed guide. Users in all plans can self-search here for answers whenever they need.
6.4. Pricing Plans
Trial: 15 days
Free for stores in development.
- The ability for customers to configure custom options in the shopping cart.
- The ability to translate Storefront texts and validation messages.
- Compatibility with any Storefront theme via customizable jQuery selectors.
- The design interface is not as attractive as other Shopify product options apps and sometimes it’s not easy to visualize.
- All options take a lot of time to load on mobile devices.
6.7. Recommended for
- The Starter and Standard plans are recommended for small and medium scale businesses with just a few products and limited shipping areas.
- Premium and Ultimate plans are more suitable for big scale businesses, mainly because of their additional options such as inventory tracking and custom options for customer groups. These businesses will have a large number of products and their shipping areas will be quite large.
07. Product Options Apps Best Practices
According to a report by Deloitte, more than 50% of customers are interested in purchasing customized and personalized products for themselves and for their loved ones.
But sometimes, if your products have too many options, customers can become easily overwhelmed and unable to find what they really want. Put yourself in your customers’ shoes; will your eyes go blurry when you see too many unclear or illogical options for your products?
Let’s take a look at some best practices of product options Shopify apps to understand how a better product options display means more revenue for your online store.
7.1. Understand your customer needs
First and foremost, you need to understand what your customer needs and wants. The better you understand what your customers are looking for, the more you can style your product display around their clicking habits.
Personalizing options for your products cannot depend totally on your store’s production ability, it needs to be based on your customer needs as well. If you ignore what your customer needs and you keep producing what you need, you’ll really feel the pinch in the revenue department.
Ask yourself a question: “How much do I really understand my customers?” Then you can start meaningful research as to what your customers need.
7.2. Analyze customer behavior
What really matters is your customers’ behavior patterns. If you can define your customers’ pain points then you can define their journey map.
There are many different ways to facilitate research such as this, including customer surveys, feedback sheets or interviews either in-person or via phone and email.
With a selection of feedback, you can compile a list of customers’ desires and woes, all for different products options. This can help reveal what products need to have extended options, which options to increase, which to decrease and so on.
Understanding customer needs through analysis of their behavior is a technique to increase the conversion rate of any online store. Only then can you consider using product options Shopify apps to boost revenue. To find out much more about this, check out our full guide.
7.3. Clear and specific labels are highly recommended for product options
For example, say you’re selling T-shirts or dresses. You’ll need to assign the attributes for the sizes: small, medium and large. However, to make it clearer and more specific, you can label them as XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL etc.
The important thing here is that with each option, you should include the corresponding photo so that customers can have a visual accompaniment to each option.
Say you list 4 yellow shirts; you’ll need to give each of them a unique attribute such as “Lemon yellow”, “Canary yellow”, Visitation” and “Daisy”, for example.
The attributes you give for these options need to be labeled in the clearest way possible and they must not cause confusion for customers, despite their potential complexity.
You need to bear in mind that not all customers can understand all of the product options you show, so it’s necessary to have a clear photo with clear corresponding attributes and descriptions.
7.4. Preview color swatches are highly recommended for product options
Color swatches are a common option of many Shopify product options apps because they are one of the best ways to make the options more clear for customers.
If your products have a long list of text options, customers are often quick to lose interest. Color swatches or small images are a better way to encourage them without using long lists of descriptions.
Color swatches will be displayed as the thumbnails of each option, which is super clear and helps customers make a more informed, accurate decision about their preferences. This can really be beneficial for stores selling the same kind of products in a variety of colors.
7.5. Allow customers to choose multiple options at the same time for the same products
Instead of having one or two options for a product, you can add multiple options so that customers will have a wide range of choices.
Try a checkbox group option in this case. Adding a group of checkboxes to your product lets your customers explore variants in a clear and simple way.
Another attractive and useful method is to let customers personalize options by themselves. Customers can choose as many parameters as they want, such as color, size, quantity, etc, all at the same time with only one click “Add to cart”. This helps them to avoid adding to their cart many times and the price of additional options are displayed just below the options.
We’ve just walked through the top 06 product options Shopify apps with all their functions and features, as well as corresponding pricing plans.
Even though they all provide many options for you to customize and categorize your products, each product option app on Shopify has its own strengths and weaknesses to consider.
Have you found the app you want on our list? Remember to consider the store’s real demand as well as your budget so that you will find the most suitable app to boost sales and increase your conversion rate.